- Upload a video file (MP4, background type of video which can be looped, no audio, size 3200 x 1120 px) to Episerver's Assets (Media tab).
- Open video file for editing and add preview image. The preview is used as a placeholder on video load an as fallback if video is not supported or somehow disabled.
- Create a Video hero block to Hero content area.
- Title, ingress and Read more (link) are displayed over the video if there is no track cues. Track cues are kind of subtitle which are display over the video like normal hero text but can be timed. Those can be added in settings also. To add cues Video hero block needs to be saved before and reopened.
- Cue has same fields as hero content text but also has options for start and stop time in seconds. This field also supports decimals e.g. (start time 0.5, end time 4) . For overlapping time frames only one is displayed (first).
NEW FEATURE DEMO 21.3.2019
Innovative biochemicals open up new sustainable opportunities for businesses and brands.
VIDEO AS A HERO ELEMENT
HERO BLOCK CHANGES
There are now three different hero display styles available with Hero block. If you want image to be seen as it is without cutting off you can choose new option Scale to image (High hero). See all options below.
- Delicate is an original lower hero size which can be used on landing pages. Hero
- High is the higher version of the hero block. That can be used in main pages.
- Scale to image (High hero) keeps the aspect ratio of original image. Image is not cutted (unless little with some small mobile devices). With this option heri image should be 3200x1500 px.
LANGUAGE SELECTION IN NEWS ARCHIVE BLOCK
CLEAR SELECTIONS IN CONTENT LIBRARY BLOCK
HIDING TEASER IMAGE FOR NEWS
If news page doesn't have a teaser image for lift-ups default image is shown. Now there is also possibility with Automatic content liftup to get empty space instead of default image. Settings is made in Automatic content liftup's settings at the end of the page:
UPM joins Together for Sustainability (TfS) initiative to enhance sustainability in its supply chains
UPM presents the limitless opportunities of bioeconomy at the PulPaper 2018 exhibition
TAG FILTER SEARCH ENCHANCEMENTS
There has been added few fine-tuning and enchancements in Tag Filter Search block:
- Option to choose how many filter are seen per row.
- When displaying the next page button (if the amount of results is bigger than the configured results per page), it should show how many pages there are. Only show page number example ( 2/9 pages )
BOOSTING MORE RECENT CONTENT IN RELATED PAGES
Tagged article pages have "Related pages" area on the bottom of the page. There are lifted automatically other articles based on tags article page has. If page has a for example tag "Paper" as a first one Paper tagged articles should be lifted first.
There has been need to boost the more recent content. Boosting should be done with the related content logic which is based on the tags and the order of tags but also the content shouldn't be too old. That is why a date of the article also matters. In the below example Pulp articles are lifted first because they are the newer ones compared to Paper article.
- There has been added few extra comments to last time's demo item "Forced line breaks in hero block and banner block". Those line breaks can be made with those both blocks and with all languages.
Read more on last demo page »
- Anna-Leena has informed about spam email problem with forms in Yammer. If you haven't notice that before, read below message.
Dear all using Episerver forms,
We have noticed issues with Episerver forms: when using firstname.lastname@example.org as a sender's address, the e-mails end up unfortunately to our spam. The reason is, that our spam filters see mails that come from email@example.com and not from our own exchange server as mails coming from untrusted source.
Because of this we have registered a new domain.
If you have issues with form replies ending up to spam, please change the form-sender address to
In case you need support, please contact Servicepoint.